January 19, 2012

Slow Cooker Taco Soup [Recipe]



Slow Cooker Taco Soup



Ingredients

1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers (use 1 if you do not want it to bespicy)
1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 (1.25 ounce) package ranch seasoning mix




Directions

In a medium skillet, cook the ground beef/turkey until browned over medium heat.Drain, and set aside.



Place the ground beef, onion, pinto beans, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco & ranch seasoning mix in a slow cooker. 



Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours



The note for the husband. This whole working 2nd shift, is getting a bit lonely, but I'm glad he'll have a great dinner to enjoy! :)



I started this at 9:30pm last night, and when I woke up the next morning at 5:30am. It was ready to pack up and bring for lunch! Perfect!



This is such an easy first recipe that I tried, and I most likely will make it again. :)

12 comments:

  1. that looks so delish! yum! it would be perfect today as it is so cold out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that loooks very very yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hells yes. I am such a sucker for soup! Yum. I'll need to try this!

    XO,
    Erin
    http://erinscurrentlycoveting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks delicious! I hope I remember to try this in 2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so gonna have to make this one !!! Looks super yummy!!!! I do the same, were I leave notes or directions out for the hubbs if Im cooking something in the crockpot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum yum yum! looks so delicious! i could definitely eat taco soup right about now!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! This looks amazing. I'll totally be making this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these looks seriously amazing, I’m drooling all over the screen here, I have to tray this receipt ASAP, I bet it taste as good at it looks, it doesn’t seem so complicated to prepare, I will give it a tray! You have a lovely blog and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!
    Also make sure to enter my 100$ giftcard giveaway to spend at Shopbop.

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE TACO SOUP.
    I haven't made it in forever- glad you posted this! I'm gonna have to make it next week!! :)

    Love the little note you left him too! HAHA

    ReplyDelete