February 23, 2014

week twenty seven

bittersweet. that's the word that the husband and i came up to describe this week.

while i was lucky enough to have my husband home for half of the week, it went by far too fast. we enjoyed our local breakfast restaurant spot with the rest of the retired couples at 9:00 in the morning. it was at breakfast that we received the news from our T-21 blood test. the genetic counselor said that everything came back within normal limits for baby. a relief for both of us, but a good part of me won't believe it until i am holding our baby in my arms.

i watched my husband un-pack and pack back up and realizing all those army bags will soon disappear again. we both are so happy to that he has this opportunity to go and financially it will help us catch up on things we want to pay down and save up for (hello vacation, can someone finally say honey moon?), but we both know the bitter part of what's to come. on friday i had scheduled an OpLove session with the fantastic Bobbi of The Salty Peanut Photography (credit for the photos for this week). this was the sneak peek she sent us. i am in love with these photos already, and i know that they will be ones i cherish throughout the rest of this deployment.

the last night together, i had to be at a wedding rehearsal, but afterwards i sped back home to spend one last dinner with the husband. our favorite Japanese Steakhouse place. enjoyed some cooked salmon & avocado sushi, shrimp fried rice and clear soup. i spent the rest of the night on the couch with Harlee as i watched my husband double and triple check he had everything he needed. as we laid in bed that night, with Harlee literally laying on top of both of our feet, i realized this is the last time he will be in this bed for quite some time. i broke down. cried harder than i thought i would, in his arms.

the next morning a friend came to pick him up because i had prior commitments to photograph a wedding all-day. the day of his send-off ceremony. seriously, our timing has just been so off this entire pregnancy. but i was glad to keep busy the entire day, and i spent the night at my parents house to help. while i know it will be hard, it won't be much different from what we have been doing the past 7 months, with him away for training. we have gotten good at text message communication and the glorious thing they call FaceTime. i just hope the days, weeks, months go by quick.

22 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos.

    I hope this deployment is as easy as a deployment can be on you guys. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, Prayers and Lots of Support coming your way over these next couple of months! I hope you are both safe and he comes home quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your sneak peek!! I can't wait to see more!!

    You had me in tears reading this. I know how much it hurts saying good bye. Even though he has been gone the last 7 months, leaving the country feels so different. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I hope you have the easiest and fastest deployment as possible. I know you'll be busy which will help a teeny bit. :)

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for a the deployment to go by quickly! You'll do amazing. I am also loving your photos. They're gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are amazing, praying this time apart goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos! The ones you've showed are just beautiful. Praying for a safe & quick deployment for all 3 of you! Oh & Harlee, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. :( The night before deployment. I remember that cry well. Stay strong, keep busy and grow that baby! Wishing you both well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so glad that you got great news for your baby!

    Sending more prayers your way for your husband and yourself. I really hope these months go by fast for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying for y'all! The photos look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. First off I am swooning over your photos & can NOT wait to see more! You make an adorable momma to be my love! Second I can only imagine how these first few days (and the rest of deployment) will feel for you! My thoughts and prayers are constantly with you friend! And if there is ever anything, ANYTHING you need just let me know! Even if it's someone to go to your appointments with you (I'll totally just hang out in the waiting room!). Also, I am OVERJOYED to hear that your labs are normal! I have been worried sick about Baby Meza since you told me! I was about to text you today and ask if you'd heard anything! Hugs sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in tears for y'all, I don't look forward to the day I have to go through this. I'm going to email you my number just so you have an extra person to talk to, text me any time! Lots of hugs and love to you guys!,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the test came back negative! I'm nervously waiting on my results! I love the photos of your growing belly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures! I teared up reading this. Hugs to you! Praying time goes by quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praying for you both, and hoping this deployment flies by!! Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stay strong my dear. Deployments suck. But you will be plenty busy and that will help it go quickly. Sending you tons of prayers and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I follow you on Instagram, so I thought I better follow you on your blog to! Follow me back @ http://yardleysonthego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those photos are perfect. Bittersweet for sure. Sending you hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. praying for you my love, and a speedy deployment and a safe return!!! hang in there girl, your strong and you will both get through this. focus on that baby growing in your belly and time will FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these pictures.. you guys are adorable. And boo for deployment :( You know I'm here love bug! xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. These photos are so sweet and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. praying for his safety and your sanity! Beautiful photos

    ReplyDelete