December 8, 2011

Open For Interpretation - 1st Outfit


So this is my first link up with Freckles In April’s “Open for Interpretation”.  I was definitely attracted to the colors and that’s what I based off my outfit.

This is the outfit we had to interpret

When I saw the outfit we had to go of off, I knew I wanted to wear red. Problem is, I don’t have a single thing that is.  So I stopped at the local Goodwill store and found a red blazer on the “sale” rack for $1.99. Score! I did a little destruction to it late last night. aka: took out the shoulder pads. I just had to! So right now there are open seams but no one knows, or will tattle right? :)


Sorry for the lack of quality pictures, I guess my phone is the most accessible.

Here is the rest of my outfit:

Tan Scarf: JCPennys $6.99
Red Blazer: Goodwill $1.99
Striped Top: F21 $2.99
Tommy Hillfinger Kakis: $12.99
Brown Shoes: Target $11.99






Has anybody else linked up to “Open for Interpretation” Challenge?

9 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Thanks for stopping by my site, and I will definitely be following yours! PS, how the heck do you find all these awesome things for such good prices! I'm the worst thrifter ever... well, I'm the worst shopper ever... I get terrible anxiety when I see racks of clothing - thank goodness for online shopping haha

    -meesch
    http://www.aperfectkindofday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. A red blazer for $1.99?!?! That's amazing! I'm glad this challenge forced you to get a red item, haha! Thanks for participating!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you made this outfit your own but incorporated similar colors! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want that blazer. what an awesome find!! love your interpretation!

    stopping by from the link-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, red blazer for $1.99? Thrifting gold. Love the outfit!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whit..when I got your comment last night I couldn't wait to see your blazer!! Definite score!
    Ashley:)
    www.flatstoflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. What! $1.99! You win at life. And you look so great!

    Kayla
    Freckles in April

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've not linked up to it yet, I wasn't aware of what it was. I love your outfit, the red blazer and brown shoes are lovely. xo

    www.almostdelightful.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. how cute is ur outfit! love the inspiration! =) follow each other?

    www.simplyxclassic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete