January 16, 2013

Getting Organized


I'm not sure if I ever mentioned but I am a total control freak when it comes to our bills. To the point where the husband knows not to touch our "bill pay" until I review and document all upcoming bills.

The first image above is all of our bills. Each bill has it's own folder where I keep records of any paper bills we receive, when they were paid and what was the check number/payment confirmation.

I also organize and file all of our receipts. This has come in handy when the husband wanted to return an item he had bought months before. It only took him 5 minutes to find it! :) 

These little file folders can be found in the dollar section at Target, recently they have some awesome colors and patterns.

Categories depend on what you want to keep receipts on. I keep EVERYTHING, no lie.

Here are my categories: 
Restaurants, Gas, Clothes, Target (of course it gets its own category), Thrifted, Electronics, Crafts, Cars, Entertainment, Medical, Miscellaneous, and Work-related receipts.


On the outside of the folder, I write the month I started saving receipts, and when it gets to the point where you can't close it anymore, I write the last month the receipts were filed.


I have a folder for myself, one for the husband, and another for any combined receipts (like large electronic purchases, any grocery bills, gift receipts, etc.)

I am quite proud of how well they are organized, and really enjoy the beginning and the middle of the month when it's time to pay bills. Except the fact of actually "PAYING" these bills...that I could do without.






8 comments:

  1. I'm the same way!!!!!! All of our bills have to be organized or I go crazy haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing how other people organize their bills! I don't let McKay touch our stuff either! I totally have my system down and don't want anyone messing with it. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Headed to Target this weekend! Will check out the dollar section! I'm terrible with organizing our receipts but are bills are always organized! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm horrible at saving receipts! Although saving them would've come in handy many times lol. Love your organization

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're super organized! I've been working on getting to this point but am not there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check you out!!!! I never save receipts unless its from a big purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  7. umm how about you come to hawaii organize all my stuff and ill take you to the beach and stuff!! i need your organizational skills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! I really need to get on the organizing! :)

    ReplyDelete