September 19, 2014

30before30 update


alot has happened in the past couple weeks, in which i'm able to cross more items off my 30 before 30 list:

>> not once, but TWICE i finally had a chance to see Garth Brooks perform live. i got tickets to see him opening night down in Chicago for his first night on tour in the US and then a week later went back down again to see him. i'd go see him a million times more if my bank account let me. :) such an awesome experience, i would have given anything to see him front row and be in on all the action. but he was just as i remember watching him live on tv, as i'd hurry in from helping my parents milk in the barn so i didn't miss it.

>> on wednesdays, it's notorious that i'm always thrifting. i can't seem to help it. scoring baby clothes for $.50 for three pieces, i just can't say no. well there was one afternoon, where an elderly gentlemen was at the checkout paying for his items. as he left, i pulled my cart up to the cash register and looked down. here i saw a $20 bill. it must have fallen out of his wallet. i notified the cashier and she ran the money out to him because i couldn't leave my son alone. a couple minutes later (because yes i bought like four grocery bags full of clothing items), he walked back into the store. handed me a $10 bill and said "thank you, please accept this" with a smile on his face. i didn't want to, but he insisted. i knew right then and there what i was going to do with his money. it was on a sunday morning and i driving after church starving because i didn't get a chance to eat breakfast before we left. i pulled into the drivethru and ordered my meal. i looked behind me and there was two cars, both had an older gentleman and then an older lady in them. this would be perfect time. i handed the cashier the $10 and asked to pay for the gentleman's meal behind me. it was only $4 and some change. i asked the cashier again after the lady was finished ordering, to use the rest to pay for her meal. it covered both of theirs. i pulled around to grab my meal and drove away quickly. such a beautiful feeling. i definitely plan on doing it again sometime soon.

>> lastly, my husband surprised me last week with rosetta stone. i've been wanting to continue to learn more spanish. my two years in high school have left a little in my brain that i can recall, and so i'm excited to learn, speak spanish to my baby and talk to my husband as i continue to expand my spanish vocabulary. :)

6 comments:

  1. Nothing sweeter than genuinely paying it forward. I can only imagine how much you blessed their day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been curious about Rosetta Stone, I can't wait to hear how you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that paying it forward story. Let me know how you like Rosetta Stone! Mike grew up speaking spanish with his Nana but since she passed he's lost a lot of it and now understands it more than he speaks it but he wants to become fluent again for when he starts applying for Police agencies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paying it forward is the best way to use that money!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet of you! I've been wanting to pay for someone's coffee. Maybe when I hit up the drive thru this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous you got to see Garth not once, but twice. Also - love that you put that $10 to good use!! You rock mama!

    ReplyDelete