September 10, 2014

37/52


"a portrait, once a week, for the year of 2014"

week thirty seven.

it was this week that my parents said goodbye to their milking herd. my father and mother started their own farm at the young age of 19 and had rarely had a day off in-between then and now. i have learned hard work by their example. it was a bittersweet moment to watch each cow to be auctioned off. if only i could have read my parent's minds when that first cow was sold. they now will have so much more free time, and not have to get up every single morning and stay home every single night to milk. a complete change of pace for them. so proud to call them my mom and dad.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an experience for them! I would love to see you share more about their life and the changes that come their way. Great image for them by the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taken back by this beautiful photo. I clicked over to your site from T-shirt and Jeans [blogtour], and was immediately drawn to you because I was also an army wife. The fall is always a most nostalgic time, it's when I moved to Fort Drum, and when my husband left (and returned) from two deployments. Cows out-populate humans up there, so this photo just put me over the edge. Thanks for sharing. Stay in touch and good luck with surviving army life.
    army wife to suburban life

    ReplyDelete